Monday, January 9, 2017

Booksta Monday!



Welcome to the first ever Booksta Monday! 

  So remember when I said that I would be bringing my Bookstagram (book themed Instagram) here?  Well, I've decided to create my own little theme day/meme for it.  Booksta Monday!  I will post here every week a select few shots I really loved that week.  I will also post either other accounts that I loved, some behind the scenes shots (my mess as I take pictures) or anything that really goes with it.

  This week I thought I would go with challenges.  Not things that are hard on Bookstagram, but monthly challenges that people put together with helpful prompts.  I have to say that this is the best way to get yourself out there as a new account.  It is far from mandatory but it helps get you out there, be a little more social.  Think of it as an instant message and the more you message and put yourself out there the more people will notice!  They each have their own hashtag making them unique and it gives people the ability to look up the tag and see who has posted what.

  This month a bunch of wonderful ladies (I'll be tagging them later on) and myself are hosting what we call #winterbookishcolor17!  It's kind of a barrage of different color combination prompts for books!  We're having so much fun hosting it and if you're a book lover it's a must join!! Below I'm posting the name and the color combo that each called for.  However, this isn't the only kind of challenge.  As I said they're diverse and there's a little bit of everything.  Below are four challenges that I am taking a part of this month (I actually have eight in total).  Two are color challenges but the others aren't.  They kind of make me think and remember books that either I want to reread or I want to read.  Kind of makes me feel accountable and guilty for my massive TBR pile.  Anyway, here's some sample challenges:



   Honestly, this is just a sample of what is out there.  There's so much more to explore and enjoy and these are really just a small start!! There's even challenges that hold giveaways!! Oh, yes.  Bookstagram has a little bit of everything for everyone.

  With #winterbookishcolor being the challenge that I'm helping host, I thought I would share my four favorite shots from this week.  




  What I love about color prompts is that there is so much room for creativity.  You can use naked books, dust jacket on, paperbacks.  Actually, who am I kidding you can do that for all challenges.  There really isn't a limit as to what you can post.  I take creative liberties all the time because that's what works for me and there is nothing wrong with that.

  Bookstagram challenges are really more than getting yourself out there, they're fun. I have had a blast since creating a challenge with such wonderful partners! If you have Instagram I highly recommend that you follow each of these ladies!  I'm going to share one of each of their color prompt photos from this week as well!  They're amazing co-hosts and I totally couldn't do it without them.  Not even for a minute!  As you can tell their accounts are also all beautifully different <3




  Tara (@spinatale) was one of the first new people that I connected with <3  She's a complete sweetheart and you should totally check her out!  She has the top left shot 😀

  Monique (@mo_the_bookish) was another of the very first ladies that I connected with.  She's beyond supportive and so much fun to talk with!  Mo is the top right shot 😀

  Tara (@tarasbookshelf) is such a sweetheart.  You will find a lot of positive people but Tara really stands out.  She always has a kind word and is willing to go out of her way to put a smile on your face! 😀

  Charli (@charli_the_book_princess) has a darker style to her shots that I really love.  She's fun to chat with and always doing fun shout outs 😀


  Next week we will talk props and diversity in pictures!!  If you have an Insta account that you'd like me to check out, drop me a link in the comments.  I will be featuring different accounts as I progress through this Monday event and I'm always happy to discover new accounts to obsess over ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...