Melissa de la Cruz
So many years ago my husband took a leap and went out and bought me a box set. This was unlike him and I was shocked to realize he had done a wonderful job and well as you may have guess by now, it was the first 3 books in the Blue Blood Series. I was entraced and in love! I have continued to purchase the books each year as they come out on PB (as I like to keep series in the same format) and stuck to that despite my love for HB. Anyway when I caught wind about this signing I was all in! So now that you know why I am so excited about this I will show you some of the fun!!
So I got there with my Girl Friend Kristie and my daughter Emma at like 10am oh ya we were ready for a line! We brought reads and tablets to wait. Coming up the stairs there was the above banner and the display with the books <3 Then before Melissa came out she provided cupcakes, refreshment and a place for photos with some awesome Blue Bloods themed stuff!! Sadly I am a wimp when it comes to getting my picture taken but I took one of the cupcakes!
Then the moment came and Melissa de la Cruz came out. She was awesome! Took us through everything from signing up to write the series to finish it! Here's what I learned:
- The Blue Bloods series was originally supposed to be 9 books! A trilogy, 3 prequel books and 3 as follow ups. This changed after she finished writing Revelations (book #4) and decided she wasn't up for the whole prequel thing.
- Masquerade (book #2) was her favorite book to write! She wrote it while pregnant and alternated writing with her naps! *Personally I loved this!
- Along with Bloody Valentine they wanted a Blue Bloods Christmas book...
- Melissa outlines every book. Basically by the time she is done her outline all she has to do is flesh it out a bit.
- Melissa is a positive person!! So much so that any negativity is immediately deleted or blocked. I think this is great advice for anyone really. No one needs negativity in their lives!!
What I forgot to mention above is that Mrs. Cruz will be releasing a new series in September. The first book is Frozen! In the picture is her holding the bookmark. Also there is a rare pic of me while my books are being signed! I was really excited that each and everyone of them were personalized!! *Squee*
Anyway that is all. Well I have a few pics of my books. I didn't do individual pictures because there would be A LOT but I took all the books I took with me and a few different of the signature :D
The final book! Will miss the characters! Oh but we may not have to miss them all! Melissa will be doing a spin off series!! It will be adult but still YAY!!!
Wolf Pact which Melissa recommended I read before I pick up GoP! I love the cover so much!! I am truely a sucker for covers with red in them!! Also the Graphic Novel!! I just picked this one up and look forward to reading it!!!!
This is all the books I had signed (minus graphic novel)! So I am only missing two books that I will have ready for next time!!
So I was horrible and didn't pick up a spare book to be signed BUT I figured that this will work for all you INTL people. I am going to give away any book out of this series that is currently in PB. It will be INTL as long as the Book Depo ships to you!!
GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!!!!