Sunday, July 22, 2012

**REVIEW** Rapture by Lauren Kate

The sky is dark with wings . . . .
Like sand in an hourglass, time is running out for Luce and Daniel. To stop Lucifer from erasing the past they must find the place where the angels fell to earth. Dark forces are after them, and Daniel doesn’t know if he can do this—live only to lose Luce again and again.
Yet together they will face an epic battle that will end with lifeless bodies . . . and angel dust. Great sacrifices are made. Hearts are destroyed. And suddenly Luce knows what must happen.
For she was meant to be with someone other than Daniel. The curse they’ve borne has always and only been about her—and the love she cast aside. The choice she makes now will be the only one that truly matters.
In the fight for Luce, who will win?
The astonishing conclusion to the FALLEN series. Heaven can’t wait any longer.

   After staring down my lap top screen for what feels like forever I have decided that this is not going to be an easy review to write.  The Fallen series were books that I loved.  Did I have issues with some things?  Yes but they were never major enough to detour my love of the books.  Going into this book knowing that it was going to be the last was hard and was avoided.  There were questions, BIG QUESTIONS that I needed answered and the fear of it being another series that ended and let me down was high.

She could have listed a dozen sexy stolen moments, a dozen gorgeous, bitter sweet kisses.-  p. 51

  Rapture starts off where Passion ends and quickly becomes a fast paced race against time.  The mission to stop Lucifer from changing history and ending everything well all know.  This is why I worried to start.  I figured it was going to be a lot more of Luce asking Daniel for answers and getting nothing but there was answers.  Luce has grown and so has her ability to figure out what is going on.  She has the answers she has been searching for and this gives us some of the answers we have been looking for.  I enjoyed that Lauren Kate brought these memories on slow and in all the right places.  It wasn't a rush of everything but pieces that came and worked their way into who Luce was now.  Luce learned lessons from most of her memories and through them gained strength.

What was to become of us?  What about our history, and our love?- Luce p. 21

  There was a lot of change and loss in this book.  Personally one of the characters lost was one of my favourites and I was shocked at what happened and to see them go.  No matter how much I love a character and become attached to them when an author kills one of their own characters I think it shows a strength in their ability as a writer.  No matter how minor or major a character may be it doesn't mean they are immune to death and that to me makes the characters more real.

"They knew that stopping Lucifer is more important than an individual life," Daniel said.  "More than anything else that has happened, let this convince you of how urgent our task is here."- Daniel p.267

  Despite reading how much everyone loved the ending to this series I have to say that I felt a little let down by how it all ended.  Their love supposed to be one to end all love, the biggest of the big and it all boiled down to something so inconsequential that I could have screamed!  After all they went through I felt that they deserved so much more than  what they got.  Luce and Daniel deserved more as far as I was concerned but there are many that did love how it all ended.

"I loved you until it hurt me, until our love was consumed by your pride and rage..."- Luce p.407

  This may not have been the ending that I had wished for but all things considered it was a decent finish to a good series.  Luce and Daniel had many struggles and hardships that continued throughout many many years but they always had their love.  The conclusion with its fast paced action will pull you in from the start just like all of Lauren Kate's books in the Fallen series.  I would recommend these books to people that love novels with Angels and true, determined and time transcending love.  I will pick up whatever Lauren Kate comes up with next!! 

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the review! I love this series too! I'm glad the book's ending didn't disappoint you, although I'm sad this book is the last of the Fallen series. I've got Rapture on my bookshelf, but I haven't started it yet. (Too busy reading other books.) But because of your review, I'll read it now :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool review! I loved the Fallen series. This book isn't my favorite in the series though. I am a sucker for angel books. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...