Friday, June 8, 2012

*REVIEW* Glimmerglass by Jenna Black

It's all she's ever wanted to be, but it couldn't be further from her grasp...

Dana Hathaway doesnt know it yet, but shes in big trouble. When her alcoholic mom shows up at her voice recital drunk, again, Dana decides shes had enough and runs away to find her mysterious father in Avalon: the only place on Earth where the regular, everyday world and the captivating, magical world of Faerie intersect. But from the moment Dana sets foot in Avalon, everything goes wrong, for it turns out she isn't just an ordinary teenage girl, she's a Faeriewalker, a rare individual who can travel between both worlds, and the only person who can bring magic into the human world and technology into Faerie.

Dana finds herself tangled up in a cutthroat game of Fae politics. Someone's trying to kill her, and everyone seems to want something from her, from her newfound friends and family to Ethan, the hot Fae guy Dana figures she'll never have a chance with...until she does. Caught between two worlds, Dana isn't sure where she'll ever fit in and who can be trusted, not to mention if her world will ever be normal again.



*********

  This was a book/series that I picked up because I loved the covers!  I mean have you seen all of the cover for these books?!  They are absolutely gorgeous.  However I did not get all I had hoped that I would out of this book.  I think that the struggle I had at  the start of this book  was really what got me throughout the entire book.  There was a lot to enjoy about this book but it got off to such a slow start for me.  

  Dana has not lived an easy life and I normally favour characters like that.  I find that it gives them strength and are easier to relate to, than ones that have lived easy lives.  There were moments that I loved her for just going for what she thought she wanted but then I would find it was like she just bottled up everything.  Her indecisive ways had me frustrated beyond belief at times.  The moments when she stepped up and went for what she wanted or what she thought was right I loved her!  When she puts her mind to something she is a fantastic character.

  The love in this book really left a lot to be desired.  Not that there wasn't hot characters, the guys in this book are SMOKING!! They are fey men so what do you really expect.  I wish that there had been a little more on Keane.  I really liked him.  He was kind of thrown in and you didn't get much of him but I was hooked the second I read the description and the words "bad boy".  There is also Ethan but I can't say I was ever really fond of him from the get go.  Although he is attractive there is the traditional fey sneaky ways with him and he got under my skin on several occasions.

  The story itself is actually the biggest draw for me.  There is so much potential and I can't dent that it seriously pulled me right on through the book.  From the moment that Dana reaches Avalon there is a lot going on.  The politics and the way everything is run is really interesting to me.  The fact that Avalon existed between Faerie and Earth is different.  This also creates some different conflicts and many of the situations that Dana finds herself stuck in.

  There is a lot of potential for this series.  I will openly admit that Jenna Black has created a new and world for the fey to be a part of.  The ending really has me hooked and I need to know what is going to happen.  Actually it kind of made me happy that I had picked up the 2nd and 3rd books.  What had a slow start really turned into something that intrigued me and had me wanting to know more.  I just hope that more comes in the next book!!!

5 comments:

  1. I love it and the cover book sounds really lovely. Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOOOOOOOOOOOVE KEANE!!! I wish it was all Keane all day during this series. I love this series but my only compliant would be the same. Not enough Keane! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing your honest thoughts about these books. I've been fascinated by them because of the covers :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have had this one on my Kindle for a seriously long time, but I haven't read it yet for some reason. I haven't always read the best of reviews for this book so maybe that has something to do with it. I need to just read it already so that I can move on to the others, because I have seen better reviews for those.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would love to read this book.It intrigued me. Thanks for the review.Love the cover,too.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...