Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday: The Treachery of Beautiful Things by Ruth Frances Long

The trees swallowed her brother whole, and Jenny was there to see it. Now seventeen, she revisits the woods where Tom was taken, resolving to say good-bye at last. Instead, she's lured into the trees, where she finds strange and dangerous creatures who seem to consider her the threat. Among them is Jack, mercurial and magnetic, with secrets of his own. Determined to find her brother, with or without Jack's help, Jenny struggles to navigate a faerie world where stunning beauty masks some of the most treacherous evils, and she's faced with a choice between salvation or sacrifice--and not just her own.

Format: Hardcover
Length: 384 pages
Expected Publication Date: August 16th 2012
 Published By: Dial Books

I would be lying if i said the cover didn't stop me with this one!  I was going about my 
Goodreads search and this came up!!!  Would you not stop?! If you can honestly tell me that 
beautiful girls in beautiful dresses don't make you pause, WOW!! I am such a sucker for them!! 
Not only that but this book sounds like an all around good read from a Debut author at
 that!!!! What are you waiting on this week?  Leave a link and I will stop by and check it out!!

5 comments:

  1. A tree that swallows a person? Weird — in a good creepy way. I'm also a sucker for beautiful dress too :-)

    My WOW
    Safari Poet

    ReplyDelete
  2. YES!! Isn't it becoming a trend to be attracted to gorgeous covers first? LOL! x) ESPECIALLY the ones with the pretty girls in pretty dresses with pretty backgrounds -- this one hits all three of those things! And I actually had no idea that this was written by a debut author either. That makes it so much better, in my opinion -- I love reading debuts!! :)

    Amazing pick for your WOW this week, Tiffany! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. I ALREADY HAVE THIS ON MY TBR! Looks like I can now cover love without being ashamed because, truth is, I am *that* shallow lol :D

    My Wow:
    http://coveranalysis.blogspot.com/2012/04/waiting-on-wednesday-8.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. HECKS YES! I'm waiting for this one too! I just adore the cover to this on and it sounds awesome! I'm waiting with you Tiff <3

    Jessirae @ Words, pages and books

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a pretty cover!! This book looks great, hope it's an awesome read!!! Thanks for visiting!!:)
    Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...