Thursday, March 15, 2012

Review: Darkest Mercy by Melissa Marr

The Summer King is missing; the Dark Court is bleeding; and a stranger walks the streets of Huntsdale, his presence signifying the deaths of powerful fey.
Aislinn tends to the Summer Court, searching for her absent king and yearning for Seth. Torn between his new queen and his old love, Keenan works from afar to strengthen his court against the coming war. Donia longs for fiery passion even as she coolly readies the Winter Court for battle. And Seth, sworn brother of the Dark King and heir to the High Queen, is about to make a mistake that could cost his life.
Love, despair, and betrayal ignite the Faery Courts, and in the final conflict, some will win . . . and some will lose "everything."

REVIEW

  I have sat on this book for awhile.  Not because I didn't like it but more that I wasn't sure of
all of my feelings on this book.  I am so excited that the book ended the way I wanted it to
and being honest I am not sure how anyone could be unhappy with the end.  My problem
was in the start when I couldn't quite understand at all times what was going on or why.  This
was probably my own fault as I finished the other books almost a year ago! Regardless once I snapped out of my silly ways and got the swing of it honestly I didn't want to stop reading
this book and loved the way the story went.  Never quite predictable!!

  As always Aislynn was her wonderful and strong stubborn self and I continue to love her for that! I
could never call her boring.  She stands up for what she wants and holds her ground.  becoming
a queen has only made her stronger and more stubborn.  Her relationships remain complicated
but will be resolved(if that makes you feel better).

  Our leading men are also back!! Seth is torn between two worlds and Keenan is his usual indecisive self.  You can't help but want to shake them at times but love them at others.  At times I felt that Seth was not as strong willed and willing to fight for Aislynn as he used to but then he would show a little of the fight again.  Keenan had his ups and downs for me in this book and I found myself feeling a little more affection towards him.  It just seemed that you got to see things a little more from his side to start and everything became a little more clear.

I really will miss all the characters and the world that Melissa created.  Every time you opened one of these novels you fell in love with the people and lived where they were. I truly believe that in order to have a good book that you enjoy the characters must stand out and be well developed and this book was no exception to the series.  The emotions and battles that everyone has to go through will make you feel so many different things and have you wanting to be right there with whoever you may be reading about at that point and time.

  Please do not hesitate to read this book!! I do recommend that you read the series before this one so that you have a good enough understanding of who everyone is and what is going on.  That is the biggest thing about this book it will tie up all the loose ends that you have from the other novels and not have you worried about what happens next.  Of course we will all picture how things go for each character past the books but you wont have to stretch your imagination too far!!  Overall if you love fey and tales about them you will enjoy this book!!  The entire series for me is one that should not be over looked!

4/5

3 comments:

  1. Hi sweet! nice to meet you! Imfrom Canada too! wooohoo! =D
    Great review! unfortunately I havent read this series yet T_T shame on me!

    Keep on blogging and having fun! =D Yay!!

    Happy reading!
    Dazzling Reads

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've heard about this book a lot! But I haven't read it yet, to be honest I had kind of mixed feelings about it xD I'm glad you loved it! I think I have to give it a try then :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great review. I have read a few books in this series and I love the writing. I like the way it's like a dark fairy tale. <3

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...